PrePackaged Tool Kits contain just about everything you need to get to work- motor, speed control, handpiece and accessories. They take the guesswork out of product selection, offer the best value, and feature smart tool combinations for specific applications.
1. M.SRM Motor bench style version of Foredom’s 1/6 HP Series SR motor has an integrated dial speed control built into its cast-iron base for manual speed adjustment and easy placement anywhere on the workbench. Foredom’s 1/6 HP, universal, flexible shaft machine runs in forward and reverse rotation at speeds up to 18,000 RPM. The M.SRM combines the most important features our customers expectpower, reversibility, reliability, and versatility all into one motor. It comes equipped with our standard 39″ long key tip inner shaft and outer sheath for connecting to any of Foredoms interchangeable, quick disconnect handpieces.
2. Built-in Speed Control manual style control allows you to maintain and return to a desired speed, time and again, by using the motor on/off switch rather than the speed control to power up the unit.
3. H.44T Handpiece collet style handpiece is popular among woodcarvers as it accommodates larger accessories with shank diameters up to 1/4″. It comes with 3/32″, 1/8″ and 1/4″ collets. The tapered design allows for close and safe work. The H.44T is a member of the Foredom system of interchangeable handpieces.
4. AKWK50 Accessory Kit: 12-pc. assortment kit with Typhoon and other carving burs.
5. Fur, Feathers, and Fins:
These DVDs are currently formatted only for Viewing in the US, Canada and US Territories. Foredom is in the process of having them formatted for international viewing. 3 disc DVD set with in-depth instruction for beginning woodcarvers as well as detailed tips for more advanced power woodcarvers who want to enhance their technique. Filmed at the Vermont studio of renowned carver, Frank Russell, Fur, Feathers, & Fins shows the many steps involved in bringing simple blocks of tupelo wood to life. In over 3 hours of video material, Frank walks you through the set up of his work space, the tools he uses, safety concerns and lots more. He covers in great detail the carving of 3 different animal projects: A Cotton Tail Rabbit, Mallard Drake Duck, and Small Mouth Bass. Frank’s congenial manner and accomplished teaching style lend to the enjoyment of learning to carve.
6. Flexible shaft grease
The 1/6 hp, ball bearing Series SR has 33% more power than our older 1/8 hp motors, and 66% more than our original 1/10 hp models. The added power helps to reduce stalling or slowing down under normal workloads.
Advantages of Running in Reverse:
- Left handed users have more control of the cutting tool
- Reverse helps to keep dust and other debris flying away from right handed users
- Alternating motor direction helps to extend the life of certain abrasives
- Reverse helps with accomplishing symmetrical grinding and carving techniques
- Reverse makes it easier to back out stuck drill bits
- Alternating motor direction makes it easier and faster to polish metals
M.SRM motors are available in both 115 Volt and 230 Volt.