Use Product Options Menu to Select Kit: K.5240 (Woodcarving Kit with no Motor Hanger), K.5241 (Woodcarving Kit with Bench Clamp MAMH-1 Motor Hanger), K.5242 (Woodcarving Kit with Base Mount MAMH-2 Motor Hanger).
PrePackaged Tool Kits take guesswork out of product selection, offer the best value, and feature smart tool combinations for specific applications. They contain just about everything you need to get to work- motor, speed control, handpiece and accessories. When purchased with an optional motor hanger, you are ready to go straight out of the box!
1. Series SR Motor: Foredom’s best motor for most uses. The 1/6 HP, ball bearing, hang-up style M.SR runs in forward and reverse at speeds up to 18,000 RPM. It offers substantially more power than any of our older universal motors – 66% more than Series CC and 33% more than Series S and old SR motors. It comes equipped with a motor bale for hanging, and our standard 39″ long key-tip inner shaft and outer sheath for connecting to any of Foredom’s key tip compatible handpieces.
2. C.FCT Speed Control: Foredom’s most popular variable speed foot operated speed control. It comes in a heavy duty plastic housing with an extra wide design.
3. H.44T Handpiece: collet style handpiece is popular among woodcarvers as it accommodates larger accessories with shank diameters up to 1/4″. It comes with 3/32″, 1/8″ and 1/4″ collets. The tapered design allows for close and safe work.
4. AKWK53 Accessory Kit (see contents under ‘Downloads’ tab): 27-pc. assortment with 3/32″, 1/8″ and 1/4″ shank accessories. It includes many unique items from Foredom- Scotch-Brite Radial Bristle Discs, Sanding Bands and Discs, Typhoon Burs, V Stones, CeramCut Blue Stones, and more.
5. Fur, Feathers, and Fins: 3 disc DVD set with in-depth instruction for beginning woodcarvers as well as detailed tips for more advanced power woodcarvers who want to enhance their technique. Filmed at the Vermont studio of renowned carver, Frank Russell, Fur, Feathers, & Fins shows the many steps involved in bringing simple blocks of tupelo wood to life. In over 3 hours of video material, Frank walks you through the set up of his workspace, the tools he uses, safety concerns and lots more. He covers in great detail the carving of 3 different animal projects: A Cotton Tail Rabbit, Mallard Drake Duck, and Small Mouth Bass. Frank’s congenial manner and accomplished teaching style lend to the enjoyment of learning to carve.
6. Flexible shaft grease