Kit K.2450 includes the following:
1. M.TX hang-up style motor equipped with 66″ long (longer than 39″ standard) key tip shafting – see details below
2. EMXF-1 Dual Speed Range Dial Control – see details below
3. Filer Kit AK89130 – see details below
Partnered with our flex shaft machine, dual speed range dial control and handpiece, the Filer offers a power assist to tiresome hand filing operations and can be used to file, hone, polish and lap on straight and curved surfaces.
The Filer attachment is a quality-machined, sturdy and compact
device designed for use with our popular H.30® chuck-style handpiece. The aluminum Filer housing has a pistol grip for ergonomic, easy handling.
Holds tools with shank sizes from 2.35mm (3/32) to 6.4mm (1/4).
Stroke length can be adjusted from 0mm up to 5mm.
Noise level does not exceed 61db at 4,000 SPM.
Comes prelubricated and never requires any additional lubrication.
Has 2.5 : 1 belt drive reduction and runs at a maximum input motor speed of 10,000 RPM, the equivalent of 4,000 SPM.
Dimensions: 7-5/8 from top of Filer head to bottom of installed handpiece, 14.6 oz filer head only, 20.5 oz with handpiece.
M.TX Motor Description: Series
TX motors are Foredoms most powerful flex shaft machines with 1/3HP.
They have permanent magnet DC motors that feature the latest in flex
shaft technology. These ball bearing models utilize advanced rare earth
magnets (in place of the wound fields in our universal type Series SR
motors) that deliver more torque at the low end and throughout the
entire speed range of 500 to 15,000 RPM. No other flex shaft gives you
greater control of the cutting tool, drill, or bur under any load.
hanging and 66″ long key tip shafting for connecting to any of Foredoms quick
M.TX motors are available ONLY in 115 Volt.
C.EMXF-1 Speed Control Description: Foredom’s Dual Speed Range Dial Control is recommended since it has a LO setting that restricts speed to the allowable range for Filer operation: between 1,000 10,000 RPM or 400 4,000 SPM. The switch also allows you to return the filer to its optimum speed setting without having to adjust the dial setting. The HI setting permits use with rotary handpieces at regular speeds.
Two-Year Limited Warranty on Motor-Speed Control combination.
Filer Kit AK89130 includes:
- Filer Head
- H.30® Chuck Style Handpiece with Chuck Key
- HP89016 Drive Belt, 2 supplied- one comes installed and the other is a spare
- A-891016 Small Hex Key, 1.5mm
- UA121 Long Hex Key, 3mm
- A-69210 Drive Cup (same for Angle Grinder and Belt Sander Attachments)
- A-891012 Abrasive Stone Holder made of hardened steel with 1/4 shank.
Holds bars up to 10mm wide and 5mm thick and rods up to 3.18mm (1/8)
in diameter. Comes with A-891015 Hex Wrench, 2.5mm
- A-891014 V-Block Inserts, 2 supplied
- A-69219 Hex Key, 3mm (same for Angle Grinder and Belt Sander Attachments)
- A-891013 Face Spanner Wrench
- HPG-30 Handpiece Grip 1/8 rubber cushion
- AK89101NF 5-Pc Diamond Needle File Set with flat, half round taper,
round taper, square taper and oval taper. All 3mm diameter shanks and
- EDM Abrasive Stones: 1 each of 120 grit A-894120, 220 grit A-894220 and 400 grit A-894400
- AP1131 Plastic Carrying Case (shown in separate photo)
One-Year Limited Warranty on Filer